Thursday, June 01, 2006

The power of Now

I must confess that I am slowly coming out of a period of self absorbtion and inaction.

(I am going to talk about myself, though I am so tempted at this moment to use a general "we" in talking about what happened)

So I was not acting - completely caught up in my web of concepts. Plans after plans and even more plans.....beating myself in my head to death about why I am not getting started when people all around are moving already, to living a life of their dreams......

I felt miserable literally - without knowing the reason why......just out of concepts in my head.....plain old thought streams that go on and on about the future and the past

At the peak of my vulnerablity I decided to reach out....amongst others, I talked to Vinod......and what he said hit me.....maybe because it came from him or maybe that was what I wanted to hear.......

I realise that a big deal about doing what you want to do is being centered totally in the present. I have spent long hours worrying about how things will be (without even realising that its worry - more like planning and thinking through)

A lot of useless thinking got to me. Inaction - beating myself up for inaction - random emotions.....a blackhole as Rashmi calls it.......

There is no single solution - but present moment awareness is a BIGGIE........

I can go on thinking about this and that and all that will and could happen - but my real power is in the now.....

So I have decided a few things

I have decided to be totally mindful at whatever I am doing.

I have decided to stop conceptualizing needlessly about the future but start acting in the present moment.

I have decided to live with mindfulness - to see myself with detachment and see the discomfort.

I have decided to start contributing now.

So NOW it is for me.

Thats all I have

I cant sacrifice the NOW worrying or getting nostalgic......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home